Alissa Catiis, MA, LCSW is a systems therapist who draws on psychodynamic, relational, and developmental theory in her work with children, adolescents, and adults. She enjoys integrating art, literature, movement, and writing into her clinical work as a means of building relationships and exploring how life transitions and challenges lead us all towards rich, complex life journeys.
As a therapist and a yoga teacher, Alissa operates from a strengths-based perspective. Her guiding philosophy is to co-create a space with her clients to allow for all that is. She believes that each person's path towards healing and wellness is unique and is prepared to offer a variety of interventions. Alissa is bilingual and can provide services in Spanish.
Alissa can be reached at 847-475-7003, extension 37.
Alissa is available to train, present or consult on:
- Contemplative clinical practice
- Creative & body-based interventions for managing stress and healing trauma
- Trauma-sensitive yoga for survivors and clinicians
- Self-care for helping professionals
- Supporting teen parents
Education and Credentials
- MA (Master of Arts), 2008, University of Chicago
- LCSW (Illinois Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Type 73 School Social Work Certification, Illinois State Board of Education
- RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teacher)*
- (Certificate in Art Therapy, 2012, Northwestern University)
- (Certificate in Contemplative Clinical Practice, Smith College)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Yoga Alliance