Staff Therapist Positions
Beginning in Septmeber, 2018, we will have openings for contracted staff therapists. All clinical positions are independent contractor positions, and do not include benefits (health care, liability insurance, paid time off). Womencare works in partnership with each therapist to develop her practice. Womencare does refer clients to the clinician, and will also assist in building the capacity to generate direct referrals.
- 4 years postgraduate psychotherapy experience with individuals; adult psychotherapy experience is required
- Clinically licensed (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT) for practice in Illinois
- Demonstrated competency in individual therapy and interest in one or more additional therapeutic modalities (couple, family, group)
- Strong clinical skills, ability to self-reflect, and interest in being part of a community of therapists
- Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated competency in long-term psychotherapy
- Experience with trauma, women's issues, and a feminist-relational model of treatment
- Competency in couple and/or family psychotherapy
- Interest in learning about and conducting presentations and workshops
For the future growth of our staff, Womencare is particularly interested in adding clinicians with expertise around issues of diversity and marginalized populations. Successful candidates must be committed to working with racially, culturally, sexually and gender diverse populations.
While Womencare is a private practice and not an agency, all therapists participate in the community of Womencare, attending staff meetings and group supervision, participating on committees, collaborating on cases. We believe in a relational approach, both in our work with clients and in our collegial relationships with one another.
Qualified professionals are welcome to submit an application (cover letter and resume or curriculum vitae) to the attention of Laurie Kahn, Lkahn@womencarecounseling.com.
Programs Coordinator Position
We are currently seeking a part-time Program Coordinator for 22 hours/week.
The program coordinator is key to the implementation of our vision. Our training center reflects our investment in the welfare, growth and development of trauma clinicians. We provide training and consultation to community and non-profit organizations as well as individual therapists. We also offer workshops and seminars to community members. We are proud of our reputation as leaders in the field of trauma.
The program coordinator coordinates and manages our workshops, professional training programs and educational events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: collaborating with staff and director to plan yearly training calendar; coordinating and producing training materials; securing venues when needed; processing registrations, invoices and payments for training programs; acting as liaison with graphic designer to generate PR materials and develop marketing strategies; updating web site text and design; administering CEU's for workshops and training events. We welcome candidates who are creative, possess initiative, and are interested in being part of a strong, collaborative work community.
- Excellent communication, organizational and writing skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Comfort with troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ability to create basic promotional materials
- Willingness to work collaboratively
- Strong computer literacy necessary, with desired proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Constant Contact, WordPress and social media.
Compensation:$28,000 - $32,000 annual salary based on education, experience and skills.
Benefits: We are committed to support work/life balance providing flexible work schedules when possible. 8 paid holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation/PTO. Opportunities for growth and professional development, and eligibility for a simple IRA plan.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter along with a curriculum vitae and a sample of your writing or a promotional piece that you designed (for example, a website or flyer), to email@example.com. Application deadline is June 22, 2018.