Womencare has long been a center for the training, consultation and mentoring of therapists. We are committed to the care, support, and resourcing of clinicians.
We believe that competent therapists honor their strengths and vulnerabilities, seek support and community, and hold an endless curiosity about possibilities of healing the human spirit.
Our training and consultation programs provide opportunities for therapists to learn from each other and develop a wide variety of skills while increasing their awareness of the impact of the work on themselves.
In our desire to reach beyond our walls, Womencare fosters collaboration with universities, professional organizations and agencies who share our commitment to resourcing professionals on the frontlines to help them serve individuals, families and communities touched by traumatic events, abuse and loss.
To serve the diverse needs of the community of therapists who are dedicated to this work we offer a variety of opportunities for training and consultation including:
- Trauma Consultation Training Program
- The Natalie Haimowitz Postgraduate Training Program
- Evening, day-long and two-day workshops for professionals
- A Summer Institute on the relational treatment of trauma
- In-service training programs
- A Sunday lunch series oriented around both education and self-care for therapists
- Individual consultation and licensure supervision (LCSW, LCPC)
- Individual counseling and support groups for the special needs of therapists