- This event has passed.
The Pregnant Therapist: Navigating the Therapeutic Relationship
Thursday, May 16, 2019, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$65.00
When a therapist becomes pregnant, the client-therapist relationship is impacted in ways that can be both challenging and enriching. A therapist’s pregnancy is an unavoidable self-disclosure, which impacts the therapeutic relationship before, during and after the therapist’s maternity leave. The complex feelings and interpersonal dynamics which arise are stirring for the client, and also for the therapist as she enters into her own time of psychological change and growth. This three hour workshop provides a forum for therapists to share experiences, discuss themes and together explore this transformative time.
This workshop will address:
- Identifying the clinical complexities that accompany a therapist’s pregnancy
- Therapist’s pregnancy as both therapeutic challenge and opportunity
- Identifying common transference and countertransference themes related to the pregnant therapist
- Exploring the impact a therapist’s pregnancy has on a client’s sense of love and attachment
- Finding potential resources and supports for the pregnant therapist
3 CEUs are available to LCSWs, LCPCs, LMFTs, PhDs and PsyDs.
Held at Womencare Counseling Center, Evanston
If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute or request a refund. All refund requests must be made at least one week prior to the event and are subject to an administrative charge of $30. Alternatively, you may transfer your full registration fee to a future workshop without penalty. Cancellations must be provided in writing and can be emailed to [email protected].