Office Manager Position (Part-time)
Womencare Counseling and Training Center
For nearly four decades, Womencare Counseling & Training Center has been a leader in the field of the treatment of PTSD, traumatic stress, grief and sexuality.
Womencare Counseling & Training Center is looking for an Office Manager who wishes to be part of a collaborative community of therapists and administrative staff. The ideal candidate has experience managing accounts, payroll, and office operations for a small business; offers diversity to our staff; values communication, integrity and authenticity; and demonstrates an ability to work independently and solve problems creatively.
- Processing accounts receivable and payable
- QuickBooks or equivalent accounting software
- Word and Excel processing programs
Strong communication skills
Commitment to continued professional growth and development
Desire to invest in Womencare’s mission and in our commitment to antiracism within our organization and the community
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Filing medical insurance claims and working with health insurance companies
- Processing payroll
- Overseeing the maintenance and operations of a business office
- Creating and maintaining client files
- Learning additional features in QuickBooks such as creating employee productivity reports and budget reports
- Contributing positively to the Womencare work environment and community
Womencare welcomes people of all races, ethnic groups, religions, genders, sexual orientations, and abilities (though our building is not currently wheelchair accessible).
Salary: Approximately $32,500 for 25hours /week.
To apply please send resume or CV along with a cover letter to Laurie Kahn at [email protected]. Application deadline is April 30.
Staff Therapist Position
Womencare Counseling & Training Center is growing, and we are looking for clinicians who are passionate about the work they do and the people they serve. The ideal candidate specializes in treating trauma, offers diversity to our staff, values communication, integrity and authenticity, and can work both independently and collaboratively within the group.
While Womencare is a private practice and not an agency, all therapists participate in the community of Womencare by attending staff meetings and group supervision, participating on committees, mentorship opportunities and collaborating on cases. We believe in a relational approach, both in our work with clients and in our collegial relationships with one another.
All therapists at Womencare are independent contractors, therefore clinical positions do not include benefits (health care, liability insurance, paid time off). Womencare works in partnership with each therapist to develop the clinician’s practice. Womencare employs an intake coordinator, who refers clients to the clinician, and clinicians are expected to build their capacity to generate direct referrals.
- Therapeutic experience with:
- Relational Trauma: physical, emotional, sexual, mental, and spiritual abuse and neglect
- Developmental and Complex Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- A Feminist-Relational model for providing therapy
- 4 years postgraduate psychotherapy experience with individuals; adult psychotherapy experience is required
- Clinically licensed (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, PhD, PsyD) for practice in Illinois
- Demonstrated competency in individual therapy and interest in one or more additional therapeutic modalities (relationship, family, group)
- Strong clinical aptitude, ability to self-reflect, and interest in being part of a community of therapists
- Commitment to their own continued professional growth and development
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Desire to invest in Womencare’s work toward our commitment to antiracism within our organization and the community
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with providing long-term psychotherapy
- Interest in providing workshops and/or trainings
- Additional clinical experience in areas such as:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Sexuality and Sexual Identity
- Trust and Intimacy
- Relationship Difficulties
- Grief and Loss
- Eating Disorders
To apply please send resume or CV along with a cover letter to Laurie Kahn at [email protected].
Application deadline February 25, 2019.