Womencare Counseling & Training Center
For nearly four decades, Womencare Counseling & Training Center has been a leader in the field of the treatment of PTSD, complex trauma, grief, relationship challenges and life transitions. Specializing in the relational treatment of trauma, Womencare offers individual, relationship and family counseling aimed at restoring life’s meaning and the capacity to form healthy relationships.
Our practice reaches beyond our counseling offices. Our training center reflects our investment in the welfare, growth and development of clinicians and our commitment to empower and promote resilience in the communities we serve. We provide workshops, individual and group consultation and a fellowship program to support the professional growth of trauma therapists. We also offer trauma-informed trainings to the general community. We are proud to be considered thought leaders in the field of trauma.
Womencare Counseling & Training Center offers:
- Individual, relationship and family counseling
- Group therapy and community workshops aimed at educating people on trauma and supporting the well-being of individuals, partners, parents, and teens
- A breadth of learning opportunities that support therapists and their growth, including professional workshops, training programs and consultation services
From our foundation as a feminist organization, we hold a core value that embracing authenticity and honoring the differences within individuals enhances our community. We welcome people of all races, ethnic groups, religions, genders, sexual orientations and abilities.
Womencare Counseling & Training Center is growing, and we are looking for clinicians who are passionate about the work they do and the people they serve. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in treating trauma, offers diversity to our staff, values communication, integrity and authenticity, and can work both independently and collaboratively within the group. We encourage applicants who have or have an interest in developing a specialized clinical focus.
While Womencare is a private practice and not an agency, all therapists participate in the community of Womencare by attending staff meetings and group supervision, participating on committees, collaborating on cases, and also have the opportunity to consult and mentor. We believe in a relational approach, both in our work with clients and in our collegial relationships with one another.
All therapists at Womencare are independent contractors, therefore clinical positions do not include health care, liability insurance or paid time off. However, our practice offers many other important benefits critical to supporting therapists.
- Collaboration and consultation with experienced mentors
- Weekly group consultation
- Bi-weekly professional development with the director
- Working environment that values diversity and a collaborative community
- A robust referral base to help build your practice and a dedicated intake coordinator
- Full administrative support for billing and insurance filing
- A dedicated staff member providing marketing and promotional support for the practice
Therapeutic experience with:
- Relational trauma: physical, emotional, sexual, mental, and spiritual abuse and neglect
- PTSD and complex trauma
- A feminist-relational model for providing therapy
- Four years post-graduate psychotherapy experience with individuals; adult psychotherapy experience is required
- Clinically licensed (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, PhD, PsyD) for practice in Illinois
- Demonstrated competency in individual therapy and interest in one or more additional therapeutic modalities (relationship, family, group)
- Strong clinical aptitude, ability to self-reflect, and interest in being part of a community of therapists
- Required attendance at weekly Wednesday consultation groups and monthly staff meeting
- Commitment to their own continued professional growth and development
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Desire to invest in Womencare’s commitment to antiracism within our organization and the community
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with providing long-term psychotherapy
- Preference given to candidates with experience providing therapy to children, adolescents, groups and/or couples
- Interest in providing workshops and/or trainings
- Additional clinical experience in areas such as:
- Depression and anxiety
- Sexuality and sexual identity
- Grief and loss
- Eating disorders
- Disability and other special needs
|3/13/20||Deadline for accepting applications|
|3/23 – 3/27||Initial phone interview with 1-2 staff (allow 45 minutes)|
|4/1 or 4/15||Panel interview with 10-12 staff (Allow 1 hour on a Wednesday, early afternoon)|
To apply please send resume or CV, including 3 references and a cover letter to Laurie Kahn, LCPC at [email protected] Application deadline is March 13.