Staff Therapist Position
Womencare Counseling & Training Center is growing, and we are looking for clinicians who are passionate about the work they do and the people they serve. The ideal candidate specializes in treating trauma, offers diversity to our staff, values communication, integrity and authenticity, and can work both independently and collaboratively within the group.
While Womencare is a private practice and not an agency, all therapists participate in the community of Womencare by attending staff meetings and group supervision, participating on committees, mentorship opportunities and collaborating on cases. We believe in a relational approach, both in our work with clients and in our collegial relationships with one another.
All therapists at Womencare are independent contractors, therefore clinical positions do not include benefits (health care, liability insurance, paid time off). Womencare works in partnership with each therapist to develop the clinician’s practice. Womencare employs an intake coordinator, who refers clients to the clinician, and clinicians are expected to build their capacity to generate direct referrals.
- Therapeutic experience with:
- Relational Trauma: physical, emotional, sexual, mental, and spiritual abuse and neglect
- Developmental and Complex Trauma
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- A Feminist-Relational model for providing therapy
- 4 years postgraduate psychotherapy experience with individuals; adult psychotherapy experience is required
- Clinically licensed (LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, PhD, PsyD) for practice in Illinois
- Demonstrated competency in individual therapy and interest in one or more additional therapeutic modalities (relationship, family, group)
- Strong clinical aptitude, ability to self-reflect, and interest in being part of a community of therapists
- Commitment to their own continued professional growth and development
- Demonstrate a commitment to social justice
- Desire to invest in Womencare’s work toward our commitment to antiracism within our organization and the community
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with providing long-term psychotherapy
- Interest in providing workshops and/or trainings
- Additional clinical experience in areas such as:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Sexuality and Sexual Identity
- Trust and Intimacy
- Relationship Difficulties
- Grief and Loss
- Eating Disorders
To apply please send resume or CV along with a cover letter to Laurie Kahn at [email protected].
Application deadline February 25, 2019.
Intake Coordinator Position
We are currently seeking a part-time Intake Coordinator for approximately 10 hours per week.
Under limited supervision the Intake Coordinator will respond to initial inquiries about Womencare services via telephone and email. The Intake Coordinator will conduct intake assessments over the telephone, prepare written intake summaries, assign cases to clinicians, create monthly, quarterly, and annual intake reports, update referral lists, and assist with other administrative tasks as appropriate. Calls may be on or off site, but presence is required in the office for paperwork drop-off, collecting schedules, data input, administrative tasks and meetings.
- Masters Degree in a mental health field
- Strong relational/rapport-building skills and an understanding of a relational approach to psychotherapy
- Excellent assessment and diagnostic skills
- Strong skills in working on computers and with database entry
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- One year commitment to the position
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly wage is $23/hour for approximately 10 hours per week
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Flexible work hours
- May attend Womencare professional workshops at half fee (exceptions may be co-sponsored trainings)
If you have specific questions about the position please contact Beth Holzhauer at [email protected] .
To apply please send a resume or curriculum vitae along with a cover letter to Beth Holzhauer at [email protected].
Application deadline is March 1, 2019.