For over twenty years I have witnessed the powerful and transformative healing that arises in trauma therapy, both in individual work and groups, for men and for women. In doing this challenging work together, it is possible to live a life of one’s own choosing, rather than just exist in the control of PTSD symptoms that are often confusing, frightening and overwhelming. In therapy I co-create a safe and deeply accepting place, making it possible to bear the unbearable and in so doing, heal what has seemed un-healable.
Judith Ierulli, MSW, LCSW is passionate about working with survivors of trauma, especially those who have been silenced and marginalized. She knows that experiences of trauma leave survivors dwelling in the darkest of the dark places. Symptoms such as dissociation, self harming behaviors, sexual issues, anxiety and depression can hinder participation in life and entrap a survivor in a habitual sense of danger that may no longer be true. Yet she also knows healing is possible.
Judith works with adults and teens also facilitates trauma survivor groups for men and women. She provides consultation for therapists and counselors and is an adjunct faculty member for the Trauma Consultation Training Program.
If requested and appropriate she also brings Sophie, a therapy dog, who unconditionally accepts and loves everyone who gives her a cookie.
Judith’s areas of specialty:
- Trauma and PTSD
- Sexual abuse
- Witnessed violence and its impact
- Physical abuse and recent trauma
Judith can be reached at 847-475-7003 x 27 or by email at [email protected]
Judith facilitates this group:
Judith is available to train, present or consult on:
- Challenges and Opportunities in Treating Complex Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with Complex Trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Responses
- Tools for Moving from Surviving to Thriving
- Trauma Treatment, Resiliency in Adolescents and Affect Regulation
- Working with Male Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Compassion Fatigue: The Cost of Caring
- Crisis Intervention and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Working with Survivors of Sexual Assault
Judith accepts: Northwestern Student Insurance (Aetna)
Education and Credentials
MSW (Masters of Social Work), 2001, University of Pennsylvania
LCSW (Illinois Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
Illinois Chapter of the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISST-D)
Illinois Society for Clinical Social Work (ISCSW), Board Member
National Association of Social Workers (NASW)